Yvonne Van Vlerken
The Flying Blonde Dutch Girl, or also called the “Dutch Dynamo”, by her coach Siri Lindley, now lives in Schwarzach (Austria) but competes around the world at a furious pace. Known as one of the top female Ironman distance competitors in the sport, Yvonne also gives competitors a run for their money at 70.3 distance Tris & Duathlons.
As a former World & European Champion Duathlete, Yvonne burst onto the Triathlon scene in the year 2007, winning her first long distance race at Challenge Roth in a time of 8.51. This was also around the time that Yvonne started using Xendurance products. Since then, Yvonne has won many Ironman and Ironman 70.3 races, had 3 World Records, Ironman, Ironman 70.3 & Powerman and placed 2nd, in Hawaii, in 2008.
The years 2011 and 2012 our Dutch girl was struggling a bit and after a rough patch, it looks like she is back to full power. The last 3 races of the 2012 season saw the return of the “Dutch Dynamo”! Yvonne took 3rd place at the IM 70.3 Cozumel, 2nd place at IM 70.3 Austin and only 6 days later finally got a big win at Ironman Florida.
As she says, “Thanks to the Xendurance products I was able to recover in minimum time and perform even better just 6 days after my half Ironman!”
The flying blonde Dutch girl seems to have found her wings back and we will probably hear lots about her in the upcoming season.
Some of Yvonne’s big wins have been:
- 1st Ironman Florida 8.51 (course record) 2012
- 1st Ironman Cozumel 2009 & 2010 (course record)
- 1st & European Champion Ironman 70.3 2009 & 2010 (course record)
- Quelle Challenge Roth 2008 – 8:45:48 (World Record – Ironman Distance)
- 1st – Ironman 70.3 Austria – 2008
- 1st - Quelle Challenge Roth – 2007 – 8:51:55
- 1st – Almere 2007 - 8:57:54 (Ironman Distance)
- ITU World Champion LD Duathlon 2006
- European Champion Powerman Duathlon 2009/2006
- Duathlon 2006
- 7x Dutch Champion