National Donut Day!
Who doesn't love a good donut? And what if we told you it had protein in it? Healthy gains on the way. Follow this easy recipe for a delicious and healthy treat
- ½ cup Xendurance Vanilla Protein
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- a dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon confection sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Mix protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add egg whites and coconut oil, and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a ziplock bag, and cut off a corner.
- Pipe batter into a silicone donut pan
- Bake for 8 minutes, and see if the donuts are firm. If not, check every 1-2 minutes and remove from oven as soon as they are firm.
- Let cool slightly, and remove donuts from pan.
- Set the donuts in the freezer while you mix the glaze ingredients.
- Using a fork, dip each donut in the glaze, and make sure it is covered by turning it over in the glaze. Lift the fork and let excess glaze drip off the donut.
- Let glaze cool and Enjoy!